Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Bold Asymmetrical Stripes and Cascading Flowers


This may be one of my favorite color combinations: hot reds and oranges accented with a bold splash of cool blues. Maybe it just looks like the way summer here in North Carolina feels. This cake kind of evolved as I made it, in fact, I wasn't intending to cover it in fondant! The bottom square was Red Velvet and the top was Carrot Cake, both iced with White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting.

After stacking them I realized I could have some fun with the colors of the flavors graduating asymmetrical fondant stripes from the bottom to the top in red to orange! The cascading cool blue daisies finished off the look of this hot summer cake!

2 comments:

  1. you have amazing cakes what do you use to make those flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meghan, thanks so much! I think i have a wilton daisy fondant cutter...

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis